John Fuller out @ KSDK, St. Louis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Fuller out @ KSDK, St. Louis?

Bad news travels fast... I just hope it's wrong. So, if you can... correct the story, please.

-------------------

From the Post-Dispatch:

FULLER AND FIVE: Rumors are swirling that meteorologist John Fuller is out at Channel 5, KSDK-TV. Fuller is one of four meteorologists at the station. The others are Cindy Preszler, Mike Roberts and Scott Connell. Sources close to the station said Fuller and another meteorologist were told they would have to take pay cuts in order to keep their jobs. The sources said Fuller declined that offer. Mike Shipley, news director for Channel 5, said Friday that Fuller was still employed at the station but declined to say more. Lynn Beall, GM of KSDK, could not be reached for comment. Fuller did not return a voice mail message. Stay tuned ...

-------------------
    "Weather is here, wish you were beautiful." Jimmy Buffett

well, I did see a posting for the station
    Boy, you look better than good! You look like a weatherman!

Comment

"Sources close to the station said Fuller and another meteorologist were told they would have to take pay cuts in order to keep their jobs."

Geee... I have not heard any other stations doing something absurd like that.
      Wish I was in, Tijuana, eating barbequed iguana.

Comment

Actually, aren't many being shown the door without the chance to renegotiate lower pay?

We're in a dismal time in this business. It's even starting at my shop. We've even gotten the "no layoffs are coming" memo, which means they are.

Comment

Yikes, these are tough times. Is it assumed that you get to work less hard when they take some of the salary - or do you just do it without discussion?

One of my old bosses said he would always cut someone before he took money back from people's pay, it just doesn't work. Hopefully this St. Louis crew gets by.
          Granted...the tapes themselves are your...you own them. But the magic that is on the tapes, that ***ing heart and soul that we put into those tapes - that is ours, and you don't own that! Reed Rothchild

Comment

Originally posted by EricG View Post
            Is it assumed that you get to work less hard when they take some of the salary - or do you just do it without discussion?
            Serious? That's too FUNNY!

On the contrary... they will add more duties when they take away pay. And they can, because there's ALWAYS someone waiting in the wing. A youngin' willing to work for peanuts.
            Wish I was in, Tijuana, eating barbequed iguana.

Comment

Originally posted by televisionweatherguy View Post
              A youngin' willing to work for peanuts.

And that was already bringing salaries down big time, way before the current "advertising recession".

Comment

Add me to the "I hope this isn't true" crowd. I grew up watching Fuller, and hope this is false. This business sucks, but from that end, it is a business.
                Crack is wack.

Comment

Wow. Deja vu all over again. But, as Matt said, some of us never got the opp to renegotiate.
                  Enjoy the veal! Be sure to tip your weatherman!

Comment

True

It's true.
                    "Weather is here, wish you were beautiful." Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Why can't you click on the met's bios on ksdk.com? That's odd. Okay, you can't click on anyones'.

Found this: (quite possibly the longest URL since Gore came up with the internet)

http://www.ksdk.com/life/community/p...Id=personaDest
                      Last edited by Nanook of the North; Aug 26th 2008, 11:34 AM.
                      13 weather blog

Comment

Yeah I heard the same thing. I interned with him back in the mid 90s and always thought he was a fun guy to hang with. Just seems like it is spreading into many markets...cost cutting that is. I was sad to hear it had happened to him.
                        I'm intercontinental when I eat french toast

Comment

Originally posted by kmfdmatt View Post
                          We're in a dismal time in this business. It's even starting at my shop. We've even gotten the "no layoffs are coming" memo, which means they are.
                          My last station had an informal meeting where they discussed the book "Who moved my cheese?" and then made copies available to everyone that wanted them. I didn't read the book, but I knew that somebodies cheese was soon going to be located somewhere else, and it could be mine. So I started job hunting.

I want to give the bosses a book called "Who moved my ratings?" or "Why the viewers left, how I gutted a newsroom"

Comment

I hope it's not true as well, but I'm pretty sure it is. I've known John professionally for many years and have the utmost respect for the work he does over at KSDK. I have no doubt that he'll show up somewhere else in town after his non-compete expires (assuming he has one) I'm wondering if KPLR/Tribune might be interested?

Comment

John's a great guy. And a great mentor. If the rumor is true, I have no doubt that he'll land elsewhere in the market. Someone who's been there for as long as he has been shouldn't have any problems walking across the street (unless the other stations are being el cheapo, too).
                              Child 1: Can we go to New Orleans since it's in Mississippi?
                              Child 2: No it's not! It's in Florida, you idiot!

Comment

Working...
                              X