Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Weather Channel Morning Show with Stephanie Abrams is UN-WATCHABLE!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am certainly not a fan of her, I have read her bio before and will say she is well educated, supposedly....

She has said several things over the past couple years and during vortex 2 that make you scratch you head and wonder if she slept through half her classes.

As others said, maybe the consultants told her to relate to the viewers but in my opinion now she just comes across as dumb instead of educating the viewers. The way she phrases questions makes it sound like she is asking for herself because she doesn't know.

And those "what-ifs" she has presented in the past...well....it leaves you saying, wtf?

I will give her a positive comment to complete my compliment sandwich!! As some of my collegues have pointed out she does really well with live shots. In house she leaves something to be desired.

Comment

My cable system doesn't even carry The Weather Channel.

What's worse? The fact that it took 5 months after moving out here to realize this.
      "You can plan a pretty picnic,
      but you can't predict the weather, Ms. Jackson..."

Comment

I'm not a fan of Steph either, but she does look better in tight clothes than most of you.
        Believe nothing,
        no matter where you read it or who has said it,
        not even if I have said it,
        unless it agrees with your own reason
        and your own common sense.
        Gautama the Buddha (more than 2,000 years ago)

Nemesis always comes in through the unwatched door.
        David P Goldman

Comment

My favorite Abrams-ism from the past few months: she was in the field (I think in TWC's ATL backyard) describing the threat of severe weather and warning viewers to take cover if they see that "upside-down ice cream cone" shaped cloud, signifying the tornado.

One could write this up to a simple one-off mistake; one would be wrong as a friend of mine saw her say this again the next day.

Lessee...the fat part of the twisty cloud would be at the bottom?

Comment

In all fairness...I liked watching her when she first came on. Somewhere along the line, someone told her it was a good idea to yell and wave her hands around. The reality is, she keeps getting higher profile as a result.

Let's pick a day in July and make it "yell the weather while waving your hands around Day". If we all do it, we've got nowhere to go but up!

Comment

Originally posted by qryche View Post
              My favorite Abrams-ism from the past few months: she was in the field (I think in TWC's ATL backyard) describing the threat of severe weather and warning viewers to take cover if they see that "upside-down ice cream cone" shaped cloud, signifying the tornado.

One could write this up to a simple one-off mistake; one would be wrong as a friend of mine saw her say this again the next day.

Lessee...the fat part of the twisty cloud would be at the bottom?
              What, no science in that?

That easily makes it in to the top five of WTF's

Comment

Somedays I feel like yelling and waving my arms around though.
                "Only narcissists quote themselves."

-tater

Comment

Originally posted by Cumulo-nimbus View Post
                  Doing good in school doesn't automatically make one a great on-air meteorologist. Some people are good at taking tests and finishing homework, but when you ask them to apply that knowledge, they can't. Where is the valedictorian of your high school these days? Are they the most successful person from your class? I'd bet no.
                  That would be me, and you would be correct.
                  Six-year-olds are generally rubbish at drawing but, being among the best cloudspotters in the world, they are actually quite good at drawing Cumulus.

Comment

Doing good in school doesn't automatically make one a great on-air meteorologist. Some people are good at taking tests and finishing homework, but when you ask them to apply that knowledge, they can't. Where is the valedictorian of your high school these days? Are they the most successful person from your class? I'd bet no.
                    The fun part is once you get out into the real world how much grades don't really matter.

Although I would take somebody who has better street smarts than book smarts anyday.

-tater

Comment

True enough. However, I was voted most likely to...something.
                      Last edited by wx or not; Jun 24th 2009, 05:33 AM.
                      Enjoy the veal! Be sure to tip your weatherman!

Comment

Originally posted by thegimp View Post
                        i really don't find her that pretty. i mean, she's not ugly, just kind of plain. if twc was going specifically for a pretty face to draw in viewers, they could have done better. but like i said before i am crucified, it's not that she's not pretty, she's just kind of a plain-pretty. you want examples of using a pretty face to draw in viewers just watch fox news.
                        There's an argument they already had that in the morning .

This will be my last post on that topic though...I'm borderlining stalker behavior.

-tater

Comment

Here ya go, Tater.

And as a bonus, here's Jen, too.

Will rule the World for a snack

Comment

Originally posted by scotman1 View Post
                            "Okay...like...huh huh...tee hee...so...we've got this big blue 'H'...like...and...it's blue right? And...uh...it's gonna move over here...and uh...tee hee."

I can't imagine this girl in differential equations. Although I have an idea of how she got passed the course *cough*
                            Actually Scott, I know someone who was with her at FSU and she was a math prodigy from what he said. I'm not sure you'd want to compare transcripts with her. I know I wouldn't. He's a smart guy and he was getting help from her in those classes....

Comment

Originally posted by Wxman5 View Post
                              Actually Scott, I know someone who was with her at FSU and she was a math prodigy from what he said. I'm not sure you'd want to compare transcripts with her. I know I wouldn't. He's a smart guy and he was getting help from her in those classes....
                              She is typical of that type: sneaky, beautiful and smart. They act so innocently, then they get you with BRAINS!!!
                              Enjoy the veal! Be sure to tip your weatherman!

Comment

If we go the consultant route...it seems to me like it's just her that acts like that. I only really watch from time to time the Jen Carfango-Jeff Morrow block and the Heather Tesch block and they really don't act like that (well maybe Cantore but he's always acted like that). The rest seem to talk at a normal tone and use their arms accordingly. I don't have any problem with the education side of things...it's just the presentation. I could be wrong though.

Although I think another sneaky secret at the Weather Channel which I just made up is that Dr. Greg Forbes is an excellent weather rapper .

-tater

Comment

Working...
                                X