Graduate Schools that have Atmospheric Science/Meteorology Degrees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FutureWxManNimmy View Post
    No no no not you guys but the people there are racist.
    What?!?!?!

I've been here 4 years and the people are NOT racist.

(As for numerical modeling, we have the other half of Kain-Fritsch...Jack Kain works at NSSL, which is co-located with OU. My office is 2 doors down from his.)

Comment

Originally posted by Thundersleet View Post
      What?!?!?!

(As for numerical modeling, we have the other half of Kain-Fritsch...Jack Kain works at NSSL, which is co-located with OU. My office is 2 doors down from his.)
      I dont know this article is scaring me: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...8/ai_n15383447
      Extracted from the Game Show Lingo...

Chuck: " I have rule that has nothing to do you....but I have a rule.
      Shandy Finnesy: What's that?
      Chuck: Never date a girl who carries a dog.
      Shandy Finnesy: So, you would never date me?
      Chuck..Nope! <sarcastically>

Comment

I dont know this article is scaring me: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...8/ai_n15383447
        No matter where you go, there are going to be bigots. That's just a fact of life. That doesn't mean that everybody in that place is a stupid jerk.
        The views I post here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by CyclonesWxMan View Post
          No matter where you go, there are going to be bigots. That's just a fact of life. That doesn't mean that everybody in that place is a stupid jerk.
          Touche Justin! I just dont want to be a victim of race crime down there. Like somebody kills me because Im black or somebody doesnt give me a place to stay because Im black. I dont want to offend you or others Thundersleet, but thats what I heard.

Comment

A real good friend of mine is an African-American, and is a SCEP at the SPC. Everyone in the department loves this guy. I also have an African-American student that the school thought enough of to award several scholarships to.

All this to say, don't judge us by one guy who hasn't been at the University in almost 4 years. We are a diverse population and aren't racist, sexist, or bigots.

Comment

No no no not you guys but the people there are racist.
              ridiculous. look out your door, anywhere you are in the country. Bigots are everywhere. OK is no better and no worse than any other state. I'm shocked that as an intelligent young man, you'd fire off such a generality.

Have you spent much time in the central valley of CA? You'll find rednecks and racists as bad as any spot in the deep south. Labeling the good people of OK as racists is wrong and perpetuates a stereotype that is hurtful and probably as bad as racism itself.

Originally posted by Thundersleet View Post
              What?!?!?!

Norman is an incredibly cosmopolitan yet low-key city. I'd love to live there again, but that would mean working in OKC, no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ill tempered kelp monkey View Post
                ridiculous. look out your door, anywhere you are in the country. Bigots are everywhere. OK is no better and no worse than any other state. I'm shocked that as an intelligent young man, you'd fire off such a generality.

Have you spent much time in the central valley of CA? You'll find rednecks and racists as bad as any spot in the deep south. Labeling the good people of OK as racists is wrong and perpetuates a stereotype that is hurtful and probably as bad as racism itself.

Norman is an incredibly cosmopolitan yet low-key city. I'd love to live there again, but that would mean working in OKC, no thanks.
                You know what...in retrospect I shouldnt have said that. Im really really sorry to anyone who was offended. That's not what I intended it to be. I just wanted you guys to correct or confirm my statement about racism down there. It's just that people have been telling me dont go down there. I should of stated it in a question...that would have gotten me in less trouble for sure. Again so so so sooorry. I hope you guys understand.

BTW....Yes your right central California is an area where they are plentiful racist people. However, I have never encounter one racist person. Maybe it is because there was probably a racist far away.

Comment

Working...
                X