Just Kill Me Now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Kill Me Now

We're not even a week into sweeps and I've already heard these phrases waaaaaay too many times -

"...KEEPING YOUR FAMILY SAFE!"

"WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!"

" ... DANGER LURKING WHERE YOU LEAST EXPECT IT ..."

and the worst offender of all -

"WHAT YOU FIND OUT MAY SURPRISE YOU!"

C'mon. These expressions were worthless and empty generations ago. Must we keep using them ad nauseum? (emphasis on the "nauseum.")

No wonder more and more people skip this worthless hype and go online to read the real story ... if there is a real story because I'm convinced that our viewing audience is on to us. They can smell a sweeps stinker from channels away and will stay clear at all costs.

And finally, is there anywhere in this country, in any community, neighborhood, street or house where there is NOT a meth lab set up? Just askin'.

Originally posted by Mom View Post
    And finally, is there anywhere in this country, in any community, neighborhood, street or house where there is NOT a meth lab set up? Just askin'.

not roomy enough.
    Enjoy the veal! Be sure to tip your weatherman!

Comment

The Texas polygamy coumpound?
      Believe nothing,
      no matter where you read it or who has said it,
      not even if I have said it,
      unless it agrees with your own reason
      and your own common sense.
      Gautama the Buddha (more than 2,000 years ago)

Nemesis always comes in through the unwatched door.
      David P Goldman

Comment

I say we combine them all and save time: "It may surprise you to find out that what you need to know for keeping your family safe may be lurking where you least expect it!"

Comment

Wow, TvDad. That would be a parent's worst nightmare.

Comment

...but it probably won't, if you've ever watched TV news before tonight.

Comment

and if the thing "that could kill you" really COULD kill you, it wouldn't be teased 3 times and it would probably air sooner in the, for lack of a better term, "newscast."
              "Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."

Comment

Excuse me while I...

"...pick up the pieces of our lives."

Nothing to do with sweeps, really. It's just the cliche that makes me jump out of my chair screaming at the tv.
                "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." Gertrude Stein\US author in France (1874 - 1946)

Comment

C'mon, isn't anyone seeking "closure"?
                  Less stress is best.

Comment

Originally posted by Produce man View Post
                    C'mon, isn't anyone seeking "closure"?
                    no, I've been too busy "speaking out" and "strutting my stuff."
                    "Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."

Comment

We're not even a week into sweeps and I've already heard these phrases waaaaaay too many times -

"...KEEPING YOUR FAMILY SAFE!"

"WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!"

" ... DANGER LURKING WHERE YOU LEAST EXPECT IT ..."

and the worst offender of all -

C'mon. These expressions were worthless and empty generations ago. Must we keep using them ad nauseum? (emphasis on the "nauseum.")
                      I have a different thought on this. I'd like to see them keep using these cliches, but with guarantees on them. Something like:

"WHAT YOU FIND OUT MAY SURPRISE YOU! And if it doesn't, I'll eat a live scorpion!"

" ... DANGER LURKING WHERE YOU LEAST EXPECT IT ... And if you saw it coming, I'll strip naked and put on a show with vegetables!"

"...KEEPING YOUR FAMILY SAFE! If anything happens to them, I'll pay for the funeral AND let you beat me senseless with a frozen kangaroo tail!"

See how much more fun and original these cliches become if you're just willing to back them up with blood and sex? Stations could compete for the most outrageous guarantee.

Comment

But Spike, (she said all innocent-like) the News isn't about us. It's about the people we serve.
                        et tu Brute?

Comment

Spike: Nice, couldn't have said it better.

Comment

Originally posted by adam & doctor drew View Post
                            no, I've been too busy "speaking out"
                            I always enjoy when people, especially crime victims, "speak in."

Comment

IT'S LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF A MOVIE:

PEOPLE SUFFERING WITH TEH MARFAN'S.

BUT THERE MAY BE NEW HOPE... WE'LL SHOW YOU WHY, TONIGHT AT ELEVEN.

/Save

Comment

Working...
                              X