Gonna make the leap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bureau Chief View Post
    Ahhhh sure is nice to have money in the bank and gearing up for that government-paid 3 day weekend!
    2 months in the new job and I'm liking it .... a LOT! Not missing news much except the station is getting a total makeover with new set and graphics...and I'm not there to enjoy it.

Glad I took the chance. The station has left the door open for me if I ever get the bug again but each day, the attraction grows dimmer. There IS life outside the newsroom!
    Good for you! I know I'm an oddball with my particular addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mockingbird View Post
      If you had a humongous hemmorhoid, and then had it removed, you'd probably want to keep in touch with the other people on the hemmorhoid support forums to let them know there is hope.
      As someone STILL in the media business am I the hemmorhoid in this analogy or the person the hemmorhoid was removed from?
      2014 MediaLine Fantasy Football Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripe Face View Post
        As someone STILL in the media business am I the hemmorhoid in this analogy or the person the hemmorhoid was removed from?
        Neither. You're a perfect a$$hole.

(sorry ... it was too easy a shot not to take)
        If you're too lazy to lift a kitchen table to chop his leg nuts, you can also include in your diet any unsalted fish such as trout.

Comment

Just checking in...

Hey gang, just thought Id stop by and see who's still around. Having a blast NOT doing news. Enjoying life again. It's funny, as soon as word got around that I left the station, several local newspapers approached me to write for them. Not interested. It appears my news bug has been cured!

Comment

Originally posted by Tripe Face View Post
            The hemmorhoid was the job.

Comment

You sound happy, Bureau Chief. Good for you.
              Billy Joe's Bail Bonds: You can't wail while you're in jail, so get Billy Joe to post your bail. He's the man with the can opener!

Comment

Hey gang, just thought Id stop by and see who's still around. Having a blast NOT doing news. Enjoying life again. It's funny, as soon as word got around that I left the station, several local newspapers approached me to write for them. Not interested. It appears my news bug has been cured!
                I bet that you have even stopped watching TV news as much as you used to. These days, I rarely watch a newscast.
                Everybody's got something to hide 'cept for me and my monkey!

Comment

The last TV News I watched was when that storm hovered over St. Louis, and that was what, July?

Comment

Updated update for the now outdated update

Just checking in. Still no regrets on leaving snews..... and Tafka is right, I dont even watch it anymore. At 16 months into this new gig, I got promoted to the #2 position in our authority...now life is REALLY easy! I have gotten a couple of emails from my old ND asking if I was ready to come back. I just laugh at him.
                    Any of you contemplating life outside of the newsroom, I say don't rule it out, you might find you like it!

Comment

Just checking in. Still no regrets on leaving snews....
                      I pretty much always regret leaving s'news...especially when it's my bi-annual turn to pay for his beer in Chicago.

Comment

You know who else is making the leap?

And over tall buildings, no less.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Gees this place is a ghost town! Where did you all go? Had a chance to step back into the station as AE but aint interested. Did you all know that between the end of the evening news at 6:30 pm and beginning of the 11pm show, that there is a whole world of neat tv shows on? I never knew! Sitcoms, dramas, stupid reality shows and repeats...lots and lots of repeats. Looked at what we missed all those years doing the news thing!!

Comment

Way to spoil the 17-month long streak of no one posting in The J Forum....

Comment

Yeah well it gets worse cause now I'm back in the newsroom.

Comment

Working...
                              X