Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Obama Holiday?

http://special.cjonline.com/stories/...53922770.shtml
    \"I should sooner live in a society governed by the first two thousand names in the Boston telephone directory than in a society governed by the two thousand faculty members of Harvard University.\"<br /> William F. Buckley, Jr.

Another cut-and-paste thread starter Diplomat grabbed from The Drudge Report?

This is where Dip got his, 'B Girl' thread.

Comment

http://openline.medialine.com/search.php?searchid=65312

Take a look at the threads started by Diplomat.

Those of us who read the Drudge Report will notice a striking similarity to that site, and the threads started by Diplomat.

You can draw your own conclusions as to Diplomat's journalistic standards. Somewhere between, "da liberal mee-dee-uh", and, "I saw it on Drudge".

Comment

So what's this about again?
        Will rule the World for a snack

Comment

So a bunch of people in Topeka, KS are going to start a national holiday? How does that work?
          \"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren\'t able to practice their love with women all across this country.\" —President George W. Bush, Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Kace View Post
            So what's this about again?
            Just more proof that this nation is populated with some really unstable people on both sides of the political aisle.

Obama day? Sure, yet another excuse for the banks to be closed and the mail not to run while the rest of us schleps still report to work as usual.
            -News is Broken

All mouth and no stones New York'rr chickens out of a simple bet.

"Mr. Broken is being a bad boy." - Traffic Goddess

Comment

It's a group of friggin people eating a cake at a McDonalds in Topeka.

But because Drudge Report put it up as, "PAPER: Plans for National Holiday Honoring Obama...", every right wing reactionary from Jupiter to Juneau sees it as, "An Obama Holiday?"

I will give Diplomat props for the use of the Cuvuto in the title of the thread. Dip's not saying there's going to be an Obama Holiday. He's just askin'.

Comment

No one is proposing this as an "offical" holday, with banks and schools closed, no mail, etc. Just a celebratory day, kind of like Valentine's Day, Halloween or St. Patrick's Day.

Comment

Do we fake outrage now or later?
                  Will rule the World for a snack

Comment

Does anyone remember the "serious" movement to put Reagan on Mt. Rushmore?

Comment

Originally posted by 22 View Post
                      Does anyone remember the "serious" movement to put Reagan on Mt. Rushmore?
                      Yes, and I think Ronald Reagan would have been the first to put the kibosh on that.
                      \"I should sooner live in a society governed by the first two thousand names in the Boston telephone directory than in a society governed by the two thousand faculty members of Harvard University.\"<br /> William F. Buckley, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro View Post
                        No one is proposing this as an "offical" holday, with banks and schools closed, no mail, etc. Just a celebratory day, kind of like Valentine's Day, Halloween or St. Patrick's Day.
                        I blame the greeting card industry for at least one of the faux holidays listed above....
                        -News is Broken

All mouth and no stones New York'rr chickens out of a simple bet.

"Mr. Broken is being a bad boy." - Traffic Goddess

Comment

Originally posted by Pro View Post
                          The article says "national holiday," which indicates the group's goal is just that.

I don't think they'll get very far, though. It's an idea that's over the top.

Comment

An idea so over the top Diplomat decided to create a thread about it.

This is your brain on Drudge, people. You start threads about the "B Girl" and a group at a Topeka McDonalds.

Can someone spell, "R-E-A-C-T-I-O-N-A-R-Y"?

Comment

Originally posted by Kace View Post
                              Do we fake outrage now or later?
                              Later, the War on Christmas outrage is just around the corner.
                              Originally posted by Pro
                              You have no concept of people actually seeing things differently than you, right?
                              Originally posted by Pro
                              Nice attempt at deflection. Blame the messenger. Classic.

Comment

Working...
                              X