Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox News Snubbed At Obama's First Press Conference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fox News Snubbed At Obama's First Press Conference

    http://digg.com/politics/Fox_News_Sn...ess_Conference

    The best comment I've seen about this:

    "Fox is not really a news media company, so why would it be invited to ask questions at a press conference? Does MTV get invited? Does Comedy Central get invited? Fox is entertainment media. If they want to become something else, nobody is stopping them."
    "Knowledge that does not take you beyond yourself is far worse than ignorance." -Sufi Proverb

  • #2
    Originally posted by Zeke View Post
    http://digg.com/politics/Fox_News_Sn...ess_Conference

    The best comment I've seen about this:

    "Fox is not really a news media company, so why would it be invited to ask questions at a press conference? Does MTV get invited? Does Comedy Central get invited? Fox is entertainment media. If they want to become something else, nobody is stopping them."
    This is no surprise. Through the campaign you either waved the Obama flag or were shunned by the Obama camp or thrown off the airplane. So much for being a "unifier," it didn't even take a week!

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't know if it's a big deal...I mean, it didn't look like MSNBC got to ask something either.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Zeke View Post
        http://digg.com/politics/Fox_News_Sn...ess_Conference

        The best comment I've seen about this:

        "Fox is not really a news media company, so why would it be invited to ask questions at a press conference? Does MTV get invited? Does Comedy Central get invited? Fox is entertainment media. If they want to become something else, nobody is stopping them."

        And after the latest campaign coverage you could almost the case for much of the MSM. Their unabashed support for Obama shot American journalistic ethics and standards to smithereens. I'm not bashing Barack, Democrats or the left in general. I just think it's a sad day when the majority of the press has surrendered their protected right and duty to keep an unbiased and critical eye on all branches of government.
        Last edited by casterdamus; Nov 10th 2008, 04:18 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Kind of like the days leading up to the Iraq war...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by halfpiperocks View Post
            Kind of like the days leading up to the Iraq war...
            If you don't think journalists were carrying out their responsibilites at that time, then yes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by From the Right View Post
              This is no surprise. Through the campaign you either waved the Obama flag or were shunned by the Obama camp or thrown off the airplane. So much for being a "unifier," it didn't even take a week!
              Because we all know that the McCain campaign would never resort to such vindictive tactics.

              http://community.post-gazette.com/bl...-campaign.aspx

              http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2008/10/21/plane_talk/

              http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...802587_pf.html

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Zeke View Post
                http://digg.com/politics/Fox_News_Sn...ess_Conference

                The best comment I've seen about this:

                "Fox is not really a news media company, so why would it be invited to ask questions at a press conference? Does MTV get invited? Does Comedy Central get invited? Fox is entertainment media. If they want to become something else, nobody is stopping them."
                Zeke--the more you post, the more you show a lack of knowledge about the media. There were several news organizations that didn't get to ask questions.

                If you'd lay off the blogs and the bong, you'd be better informed.
                \"I should sooner live in a society governed by the first two thousand names in the Boston telephone directory than in a society governed by the two thousand faculty members of Harvard University.\"<br /> William F. Buckley, Jr.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Does anybody know if Faux News was able to attend?
                  "Only narcissists quote themselves."

                  -tater

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AnalogKid View Post
                    Maureen Dowd is a columnist, not a reporter.
                    \"I should sooner live in a society governed by the first two thousand names in the Boston telephone directory than in a society governed by the two thousand faculty members of Harvard University.\"<br /> William F. Buckley, Jr.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Fox News still got to attend the press conference, right?
                      Will rule the World for a snack

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        When was there a press conference?
                        "The world will not end today because it's already tomorrow in Australia"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well that's just a real presser.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Diplomat View Post
                            Zeke--the more you post, the more you show a lack of knowledge about the media. There were several news organizations that didn't get to ask questions.

                            If you'd lay off the blogs and the bong, you'd be better informed.
                            What blogs? You didn't answer me the last time I asked you this question. So I'm giving you the opportunity to follow up on something you spaced out on.
                            "Knowledge that does not take you beyond yourself is far worse than ignorance." -Sufi Proverb

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Zeke View Post
                              What blogs? You didn't answer me the last time I asked you this question. So I'm giving you the opportunity to follow up on something you spaced out on.
                              You're the only one here who is spaced out.

                              The Huffington Post is basically a group of glorified blogs. It's not a mainstream news source.

                              Several major news outlets didn't get to ask questions at that news conference. Considering it was a brief one, that is not surprising.
                              \"I should sooner live in a society governed by the first two thousand names in the Boston telephone directory than in a society governed by the two thousand faculty members of Harvard University.\"<br /> William F. Buckley, Jr.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X