NewsBlues shutting down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewsBlues shutting down

Sorry to see that NewsBlues is going out of business soon. Youngsters would not remember its genesis - "shoptalk" which was a wonderful gossip sheet among news directors back in the 1980s.

I'm pretty sure nobody cares.

Comment

Like other websites, it seems to have run its course. I subscribed back in the day, but most of the stuff was available elsewhere within a day or so, so I let mine expire.
      \"I should sooner live in a society governed by the first two thousand names in the Boston telephone directory than in a society governed by the two thousand faculty members of Harvard University.\"<br /> William F. Buckley, Jr.

Comment

Odd, I thought NewsBlues was gone years ago.

Comment

Actually, I was wrong in my original post. It is "TV Spy" that started out as "Rumorville," a string of shared messages among news directors back in the days of black and white.

Comment

That's ok. We're all used to you being wrong.

Comment

In China they are used to being Wong.
              Head Newser

Comment

The clock seems to have stopped for these industry sites, but fortunately there is still life in the business, and still plenty of life in those who haven't clocked out.

Our dear friend Don Fitzpatrick was the first to make the transition from print to online for media blather with TV Spy and for a place to unwind with the Watercooler. (Sheesh, it used to 'must-read.' And the place to say what we could NEVER say at work. Although that coulda been fun.)

​​​​​Thanks again, Don, Mike and even FTV and other spots like the original M-Line, for allowing places to learn industry news and blow off steam.
                ​​​​
                The landscape changes, but there are still real, actual people involved, and I wish the best for Mike and Mona. Especially since there's a health issue involved.
                Last edited by Sultanosurf; Apr 27th 2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I had not heard there was a health issue involved; I know Mike loves to drive his Porsche and still teaches driving to newbies.

But, even if they are shutting down, they've had a terrific run over the last 20 or so years. And Sult has it right; it's a shame that FB and other platforms have overtaken what we had in the 90's 2000s, and 20teens.

Say...why don't we have some discussions around here some time??
                  Trapped on one bus, they eat, drink, gamble with the same bunch of colleagues week after week, and soon all the stories come from the same handout, the same pool report, or the same speech by the candidate... - Tim Crouse, The Boys on the Bus, 1972

Comment

Originally posted by Diggin' Bear View Post
                    Say...why don't we have some discussions around here some time??
                    Why don't you go fork yourself?

Comment

NewsBlues will live on:

https://www.newsblues.com/Support/press%20release.htm

Comment

There's a sucker born every minute.

Comment

Working...
                        X