Moon trip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon trip

If anyone is still here, and interested, here's an article about a human moon flight, scheduled for next year:

http://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/...d-moon-n728336

As much of a SpaceX fanboy as I am, there's no way they'll meet this schedule.

Falcon Heavy has yet to fly, and they'll need to fly Dragon 2 at least twice before launching any crew, much less a couple of non-professional astros. But at least NBC quoted the eminent Wayne Hale, who is just about the most knowledgeable person I know when it comes to human space flight.

You should follow his blog. Some of the stories he tells - including almost losing Eileen Collins' shuttle during the second Return to Flight - will stand your hair on end. I've seen that engine nozzle up close. It ain't pretty. That whole crew is lucky to be here.
    Trapped on one bus, they eat, drink, gamble with the same bunch of colleagues week after week, and soon all the stories come from the same handout, the same pool report, or the same speech by the candidate... - Tim Crouse, The Boys on the Bus, 1972

Comment

Originally posted by Pro View Post
      If anyone is still here, and interested, here's an article about a human moon flight, scheduled for next year[/URL]
      Not interested. But I bet Friggin' Bore would like to explore Uranus.

Comment

Well, someone alert the media. There's a man with a tiny lil' Dyck posting on ML.
        Trapped on one bus, they eat, drink, gamble with the same bunch of colleagues week after week, and soon all the stories come from the same handout, the same pool report, or the same speech by the candidate... - Tim Crouse, The Boys on the Bus, 1972

Comment

Nothing slips past you, Copernicus.

Comment

Not interested either, thanks.. but no thanks, have no interest.

Comment

Nobody was talking to you, ****tiest.

Comment

I am really interested in thie article.

Comment

Working...
                X