Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Rather Takes Up Teaching

https://mediaequalizer.com/brian-mal...he-news-course

\"I should sooner live in a society governed by the first two thousand names in the Boston telephone directory than in a society governed by the two thousand faculty members of Harvard University.\"<br /> William F. Buckley, Jr.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up MediaLine.

Interesting stuff Dip, especially to this lifelong Ratherphile. What's your take on Mr. Rather's new venture?

I'd sign up in a heartbeat but unfortunately I am now a full time working broadcast journalist which means I don't have two nickels to rub together. Diplomat I may be traveling your way in a few weeks on assignment, try private messaging me in case you're interested in an enroute Harrumph. That goes for Tripe, Jane, and just about anyone else here. In the short time left I'd like to have a way to meet and greet ML buds from the past 12 years.

Comment

If Mr. Rather wants to teach a course about how he covered news, etc., fine. I don't think he's the best one to teach a course in ethics, though. Will Brian Williams, et al. be guest lecturers?
      \"I should sooner live in a society governed by the first two thousand names in the Boston telephone directory than in a society governed by the two thousand faculty members of Harvard University.\"<br /> William F. Buckley, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Diplomat View Post
        If Mr. Rather wants to teach a course about how he covered news, etc., fine. I don't think he's the best one to teach a course in ethics, though. Will Brian Williams, et al. be guest lecturers?
        This is because you are not close enough to the heart of the system of broadcast journalism. Most of this industry has been invaded by non-journalists *****s and drug addicts. If you start swinging the hammer of ethics? You are more likely to be set up for a trip under the wheels of the bus like Rather or Williams.

During some banter conversation with Williams while on air, he made the hand gesture of turning the other cheek with his own face.

If you have a clear recollection of what Brian's crooked jaw looks like? You would have picked up exactly what he meant.

I don't know if you are aware, but I entertained people with thought, humor and ideas on this website under a hundred different handles. And when I banned around '06 -07, hundreds of journalists from around the World said "Hi" and Thanks" in banter during news casts for the time I spent wasting their time here at Medialine.

They may never write on this board, but the onetime readership during those lonely early morning news hours on this website exceeded the readership of the New York Times.

Sometimes, in Life, getting fired is the best thing that will ever happen to you.

Take Care,

Tracy Mapes

Comment

Working...
        X