Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palin's remarkable email thread... take 2!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palin's remarkable email thread... take 2!

I killed the old thread because the two biggest asshats on Medialine, Newpasser and Buckyork'rr ruined the first one.

------------------

Just read an incredible story about one of Sarah Palin's emails that she wrote from God's point of view. It's about the pending birth of her youngest son.

It's touching, intelligent, thoughtful.

Details here.

If we saw more of this side of Sarah she might be less polarizing.

Trying reading at least the email, if not the story before chiming in.

I've been as critical of Palin as the next guy, but this impressed me. Your thoughts?
    2014 MediaLine Fantasy Football Champion.

I'll play.

I think this is a viable demonstration that despite the attempts of so many people to try and polarize and villify someone, quite often politicians on both sides of the aisle are actually pretty good people.

And, in many cases, not so good people. A couple of examples:

I worked for a state representative who had a stellar rep among her party members. But from a personal standpoint, she was as much of a lizard as I'd ever seen. I regret to this day working for her.

I have a couple of friends who I don't agree with politically. I mean, we have some pretty heated discussions - and yet, I know that they are very good people who truly want the best for our area and our country.

Of course, in this political climate, acknowleging that someone you don't agree with is a decent person is tantamount to political suicide, so we'll not likely see other things like this come out.
    Trapped on one bus, they eat, drink, gamble with the same bunch of colleagues week after week, and soon all the stories come from the same handout, the same pool report, or the same speech by the candidate... - Tim Crouse, The Boys on the Bus, 1972

Comment

Mr. Temporary Giants Fan, just admit it - you lost a bet and were required to say something nice for a change about Sarah Palin. You will quickly return to your Polarizing crap ("critical of Palin as the next guy" HA HA!!) that you usually engage in, as soon as the week is over.

Comment

Originally posted by New York'rr View Post
        Mr. Temporary Giants Fan, just admit it - you lost a bet and were required to say something nice for a change about Sarah Palin. You will quickly return to your Polarizing crap ("critical of Palin as the next guy" HA HA!!) that you usually engage in, as soon as the week is over.
        No bet lost regarding Palin... only the Weiner bet that required me to use a NJ Giants helmet.

But I'll make a bet with you, if you care to.

I'll bet you can't go one week without posting one negative thing about any Democrats. If you succeed I'll change my avatar to whomever you want for a MONTH. If you fail, I'll pick YOUR avatar for the next month.

Comment

New yorker......

You are making it hard for me to enjoy Tripe paying off the bet.......so find your own bet to crow about.....instead of living through someone else's...in this case, only Clever gets to enjoy that priviledge.

Our bet had to do about how the court of public opinion would work as opposed to a Dem vs Rep thing..
          Originally posted by Pro
          You have no concept of people actually seeing things differently than you, right?
          Originally posted by Pro
          Nice attempt at deflection. Blame the messenger. Classic.

Comment

Desert Rat, I give not a damn about whether or not you enjoy your bet.

Tripe Face deserves every morsel of scorn I heap upon him. In fact, he begs me for it. I am just fulfilling his wishes for attention from me. His thread about how impressed he is with Sarah Palin's writing is stupid and hypocritical. His claims about what constitutes "polarizing" are laughable.

No, as long as I am not in violation of the rules and guidelines for posting, I think I'll keep on doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by New York'rr View Post
              Desert Rat, I give not a damn about whether or not you enjoy your bet.

Tripe Face deserves every morsel of scorn I heap upon him. In fact, he begs me for it. I am just fulfilling his wishes for attention from me. His thread about how impressed he is with Sarah Palin's writing is stupid and hypocritical. His claims about what constitutes "polarizing" are laughable.

No, as long as I am not in violation of the rules and guidelines for posting, I think I'll keep on doing so.
              New York'rr, I guess you don't have the testicles, the balls, the stones, the cajones, the jewels to take me up on our bet. OK... now we all see you are all hat and no cattle. All ass and no brains. All talk and no walk.

Wimp.

Comment

HA HA!! This from the guy who is presently sporting an avatar he hates (you can rest assured I am enjoying it even though the one who is forcing you to use it is having second thoughts), with a sig line which serves as a permanent reminder of how badly I Pooned him in November 2010 with every post he types. You're looking like the Black Knight in that Monty Python Movie who doesn't realize when he's done. To me, you are dog poop on the bottom of my shoe. To you, I am the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning.

Please, share more thoughts about how inspired you are by Sarah Palin's writing and complete the trifecta of embarrassment and humiliation you have made for yourself. Your first thread about it didn't work out for you. This one went off the rails for you after post #2.

You call it a "bet" to beg me to not say anything negative about Democrats? Don't worry, I'll be on vacation in a couple of weeks and won't be posting here for a while. But one cannot mention current events without sounding negative about them, given how badly they are failing at everything lately.

HA HA!!

Comment

New York'rr -- why Medialine can't have nice things.

Sarah Palin's 'god' email -- If it had come out from the stupid email hunt, I wouldn't care. Since she put it in her book, I find it sad and ego-serving. But that's only my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripe Face View Post
                    I killed the old thread because the two biggest asshats on Medialine, Newpasser and Buckyork'rr ruined the first one.
                    Sometimes I wonder...how do we know those two aren't the same person?

Comment

OK, I will go a week without saying one negative thing about Democrats. No strings attached.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripe Face View Post
                        New York'rr, I guess you don't have the testicles, the balls, the stones, the cajones, the jewels to take me up on our bet. OK... now we all see you are all hat and no cattle. All ass and no brains. All talk and no walk.

Wimp.
                        AMTRAK MEDIALINE METROLINER SERVICE NOW LEAVING FOR TESTICLE JUNCTION...

ALL THOSE WITH LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR LANGUAGE PLEASE PRESENT YOUR TICKETS...

ALL ABOARD!

Comment

There were parts of it I thought sounded sincere and loving .... and parts where she sounded defensive and apologetic. It left me with two questions: (1) What was her motive? And (2) What will Trig think about it if and/or when he becomes aware of it down the road?

Comment

First, I'm curious why the first thread was pulled since it didn't seem any more offensive or whatever than usual here.

Two, the specific Palin email cited seemed pretty consistent with her personality. And it also came as she had what had to be heart-rending news about her pregnancy. I'm not religious to that extent, but it projected the positive energy that can make her appealing.

Third, the whole Palin email paper chase seems goofy. What more did we need to know that wasn't already known? She mixed use of office and personal acccounts, which everybody probably does. She pursued the VP nomination, also no big deal. And there had already been a fairly serious investigation into any legal issues. Really, the lady's business has been all too public since becoming the VP nominee. To me, her status is about the same as any other reality TV personality, and doesn't seem to merit all this scrutiny, or the resultant sniping...

Comment

Sultan, the first thread was pulled by the OP. My best guess on reason, having seen the thread, would be its quick descent into the realm of neener-neener.

Comment

Working...
                              X