Resealing plastic water bottles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resealing plastic water bottles

I'm in desperate need of advice, and in desperate times, this is where I come for advice.

I'm going to the 2009 Warped Tour on Wednesday, and you're permitted to bring in one factory-sealed water bottle. Clearly, the water must be replaced with a clear liquor because I don't want to pay $15 for watered-down drinks all day long (and I mean ALL day... gates at 11 am, it's all done around sundown).

I was thinking superglue? Anyone have a better idea?

I don't recall from my last Warped Tour (in a different city, too) if they use metal detectors, but a flask's got like 5-6 shots in it anyway. Not enough for an ENTIRE day. I thought about trying my network ID card, but that's probably all unethical and whatnot.

Okay people, solve my problem!

Originally posted by east coast producer View Post
    I'm in desperate need of advice, and in desperate times, this is where I come for advice.

I'm going to the 2009 Warped Tour on Wednesday, and you're permitted to bring in one factory-sealed water bottle. Clearly, the water must be replaced with a clear liquor because I don't want to pay $15 for watered-down drinks all day long (and I mean ALL day... gates at 11 am, it's all done around sundown).

I don't recall from my last Warped Tour (in a different city, too) if they use metal detectors, but a flask's got like 5-6 shots in it anyway. Not enough for an ENTIRE day.

Buy a flask that's disguised to look like a pair of binoculars.

Comment

It's funny you mentioned that because binoculars are allowed (so are snack food in clear, plastic, gallon-size bag, (one per person), factory sealed plastic bottle of water (one per person), blankets, small umbrellas, ponchos, binoculars, strollers and low-profile lawn chairs (seat no higher than 9 inches off the ground.)

I earlier searched the internet for flasks and came across the binoculars, but i'd feel like a tool carrying in a set a binoculars to concert for youth.

Comment

Cut off your right leg and get yourself a hollowed out wooden prosthetic. Problem solved.

Comment

If you're really careful you can remove the bottle cap without breaking the seal. But you have to have mad skills to get that done.

Have you tried this:

To remove the plastic cap w/o breaking the taper-resistant safety ring seal from any plastic bottle-
          • heat one cup of water in microwave til it boils
          • hold bottle upside down and insert bottle's top
          approx. 1" into hot water for 45 seconds.
          • remove bottle and immediately and slowly
          unscrew bottle cap.

The hot water makes the plastic ring more flexible - and therefore easier to remove.
          "Hell is only for the people who have forgotten how to love"

Comment

Evel Knievel used a diamond-tipped walking stick filled with Wild Turkey.
            Maybe you could buy one of those babies for use in the mosh pit.
            Puts a whole different meaning to the phrase, "Getting hammered."
            Take a shot and then give a shot across someones nose.
            It is that kind of concert, huh???
            Believe nothing,
            no matter where you read it or who has said it,
            not even if I have said it,
            unless it agrees with your own reason
            and your own common sense.
            Gautama the Buddha (more than 2,000 years ago)

Nemesis always comes in through the unwatched door.
            David P Goldman

Comment

Originally posted by HushHush View Post
              If you're really careful you can remove the bottle cap without breaking the seal. But you have to have mad skills to get that done.

Have you tried this:

To remove the plastic cap w/o breaking the taper-resistant safety ring seal from any plastic bottle-
              • heat one cup of water in microwave til it boils
              • hold bottle upside down and insert bottle's top
              approx. 1" into hot water for 45 seconds.
              • remove bottle and immediately and slowly
              unscrew bottle cap.

The hot water makes the plastic ring more flexible - and therefore easier to remove.
              Can you do this for me? Two 16.9oz plastic bottles of Dasani replaced with a clear rum, preferably. Grey Goose or Absolut Vanilla if you must. I require these two bottles - seals entact -- prior to 9am Wednesday.

Originally posted by Ralphie the buffalo View Post
              It is that kind of concert, huh???
              It can be. There's like 2 dozen bands playing. Wanna come? Bring a water bottle. Follow above instructions.

Comment

I don't recall from my last Warped Tour (in a different city, too) if they use metal detectors, but a flask's got like 5-6 shots in it anyway. Not enough for an ENTIRE day. I thought about trying my network ID card, but that's probably all unethical and whatnot.

Take your kidney stone pain pills with you and use those to get high.

Comment

Those are LONG gone. I would bring marijuana, but the web site says it's also a prohibited substance.

Comment

How about just going the healthy route and drinking only water?
                    "The new aristocracy in the U.S. is scared that The People are waking up to their reality of (21st Century) serfdom."

Comment

Like water, alcohol contains no calories.

Hey Matty -- Green Day performs two consecutive -- yes, consecutive -- days at MSG! Wanna go?? Celebrate this quickly-approaching birthday of yours by reminiscing of the things you did in your long-past youth?

Comment

Hey Matty -- Wanna go??
                        Good idea. I bet Matthew can suck the top off a water bottle in five seconds flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Dyckerson View Post
                          Good idea. I bet Matthew can suck the top off a water bottle in five seconds flat.
                          Please leave me out of your fantasies.
                          "The new aristocracy in the U.S. is scared that The People are waking up to their reality of (21st Century) serfdom."

Comment

Matt has plenty of impressive talents. I'm sure the Warped Tour, Green Day, Blink or maybe even Incubus will be in Richmond yet this summer. What would YOU do to impress me?

Comment

I can fart to the tune of the Star Spangled Banner.

Comment

Working...
                              X