Old Jun 17th 2011, 07:27 AM   #1
Tripe Face
MediaLine CEO Emeritus

Default Palin's remarkable email thread... take 2!

I killed the old thread because the two biggest asshats on Medialine, Newpasser and Buckyork'rr ruined the first one.

------------------

Just read an incredible story about one of Sarah Palin's emails that she wrote from God's point of view. It's about the pending birth of her youngest son.

It's touching, intelligent, thoughtful.

Details here.

If we saw more of this side of Sarah she might be less polarizing.

Trying reading at least the email, if not the story before chiming in.

I've been as critical of Palin as the next guy, but this impressed me. Your thoughts?
Tripe Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th 2011, 07:57 AM   #2
Diggin' Bear
Cheap Rhetoricist

I'll play.

I think this is a viable demonstration that despite the attempts of so many people to try and polarize and villify someone, quite often politicians on both sides of the aisle are actually pretty good people.

And, in many cases, not so good people. A couple of examples:

I worked for a state representative who had a stellar rep among her party members. But from a personal standpoint, she was as much of a lizard as I'd ever seen. I regret to this day working for her.

I have a couple of friends who I don't agree with politically. I mean, we have some pretty heated discussions - and yet, I know that they are very good people who truly want the best for our area and our country.

Of course, in this political climate, acknowleging that someone you don't agree with is a decent person is tantamount to political suicide, so we'll not likely see other things like this come out.

Pro:
To me they are.

(February 2012)
Diggin' Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:06 AM   #3
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

Mr. Temporary Giants Fan, just admit it - you lost a bet and were required to say something nice for a change about Sarah Palin. You will quickly return to your Polarizing crap ("critical of Palin as the next guy" HA HA!!) that you usually engage in, as soon as the week is over.
New York'rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:47 AM   #4
Tripe Face
MediaLine CEO Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York'rr View Post
Mr. Temporary Giants Fan, just admit it - you lost a bet and were required to say something nice for a change about Sarah Palin. You will quickly return to your Polarizing crap ("critical of Palin as the next guy" HA HA!!) that you usually engage in, as soon as the week is over.
No bet lost regarding Palin... only the Weiner bet that required me to use a NJ Giants helmet.

But I'll make a bet with you, if you care to.

I'll bet you can't go one week without posting one negative thing about any Democrats. If you succeed I'll change my avatar to whomever you want for a MONTH. If you fail, I'll pick YOUR avatar for the next month.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:52 PM   #5
Desert Rat
Open Line Elite

New yorker......

You are making it hard for me to enjoy Tripe paying off the bet.......so find your own bet to crow about.....instead of living through someone else's...in this case, only Clever gets to enjoy that priviledge.

Our bet had to do about how the court of public opinion would work as opposed to a Dem vs Rep thing..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro View Post
Nice attempt at deflection. Blame the messenger. Classic.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th 2011, 01:04 PM   #6
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

Desert Rat, I give not a damn about whether or not you enjoy your bet.

Tripe Face deserves every morsel of scorn I heap upon him. In fact, he begs me for it. I am just fulfilling his wishes for attention from me. His thread about how impressed he is with Sarah Palin's writing is stupid and hypocritical. His claims about what constitutes "polarizing" are laughable.

No, as long as I am not in violation of the rules and guidelines for posting, I think I'll keep on doing so.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 02:31 PM   #7
Tripe Face
MediaLine CEO Emeritus

Quote:
Desert Rat, I give not a damn about whether or not you enjoy your bet.

Tripe Face deserves every morsel of scorn I heap upon him. In fact, he begs me for it. I am just fulfilling his wishes for attention from me. His thread about how impressed he is with Sarah Palin's writing is stupid and hypocritical. His claims about what constitutes "polarizing" are laughable.

No, as long as I am not in violation of the rules and guidelines for posting, I think I'll keep on doing so.
New York'rr, I guess you don't have the testicles, the balls, the stones, the cajones, the jewels to take me up on our bet. OK... now we all see you are all hat and no cattle. All ass and no brains. All talk and no walk.

Wimp.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 03:13 PM   #8
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

HA HA!! This from the guy who is presently sporting an avatar he hates (you can rest assured I am enjoying it even though the one who is forcing you to use it is having second thoughts), with a sig line which serves as a permanent reminder of how badly I Pooned him in November 2010 with every post he types. You're looking like the Black Knight in that Monty Python Movie who doesn't realize when he's done. To me, you are dog poop on the bottom of my shoe. To you, I am the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning.

Please, share more thoughts about how inspired you are by Sarah Palin's writing and complete the trifecta of embarrassment and humiliation you have made for yourself. Your first thread about it didn't work out for you. This one went off the rails for you after post #2.

You call it a "bet" to beg me to not say anything negative about Democrats? Don't worry, I'll be on vacation in a couple of weeks and won't be posting here for a while. But one cannot mention current events without sounding negative about them, given how badly they are failing at everything lately.

HA HA!!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 05:36 PM   #9
Head Janitor

Cool

New York'rr -- why Medialine can't have nice things.

Sarah Palin's 'god' email -- If it had come out from the stupid email hunt, I wouldn't care. Since she put it in her book, I find it sad and ego-serving. But that's only my opinion.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 06:37 PM   #10
Cobra Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripe Face View Post
I killed the old thread because the two biggest asshats on Medialine, Newpasser and Buckyork'rr ruined the first one.
Sometimes I wonder...how do we know those two aren't the same person?
Cobra Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th 2011, 06:47 PM   #11
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

OK, I will go a week without saying one negative thing about Democrats. No strings attached.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 08:01 PM   #12
Roy Hobbs
Open Line Effete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripe Face View Post
New York'rr, I guess you don't have the testicles, the balls, the stones, the cajones, the jewels to take me up on our bet. OK... now we all see you are all hat and no cattle. All ass and no brains. All talk and no walk.

Wimp.
AMTRAK MEDIALINE METROLINER SERVICE NOW LEAVING FOR TESTICLE JUNCTION...

ALL THOSE WITH LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR LANGUAGE PLEASE PRESENT YOUR TICKETS...

ALL ABOARD!
Roy Hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2011, 01:32 AM   #13
Another side
Open Line Elite

There were parts of it I thought sounded sincere and loving .... and parts where she sounded defensive and apologetic. It left me with two questions: (1) What was her motive? And (2) What will Trig think about it if and/or when he becomes aware of it down the road?
Another side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2011, 02:49 AM   #14
Sultanosurf
Starry Eyed Innocent

First, I'm curious why the first thread was pulled since it didn't seem any more offensive or whatever than usual here.

Two, the specific Palin email cited seemed pretty consistent with her personality. And it also came as she had what had to be heart-rending news about her pregnancy. I'm not religious to that extent, but it projected the positive energy that can make her appealing.

Third, the whole Palin email paper chase seems goofy. What more did we need to know that wasn't already known? She mixed use of office and personal acccounts, which everybody probably does. She pursued the VP nomination, also no big deal. And there had already been a fairly serious investigation into any legal issues. Really, the lady's business has been all too public since becoming the VP nominee. To me, her status is about the same as any other reality TV personality, and doesn't seem to merit all this scrutiny, or the resultant sniping...
Sultanosurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2011, 05:59 AM   #15
Calvin

Sultan, the first thread was pulled by the OP. My best guess on reason, having seen the thread, would be its quick descent into the realm of neener-neener.
Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2011, 06:09 AM   #16
Sultanosurf
Starry Eyed Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
Sultan, the first thread was pulled by the OP. My best guess on reason, having seen the thread, would be its quick descent into the realm of neener-neener.
Yeah, I figgered it was the Tripester's call. But shouldn't that stuff have stayed in the Weiner threads, for (Can't. Stop...) Weiner-neener-neener?
Old Jun 18th 2011, 06:59 AM   #17
Jane Craig
Her Serene Highness

Oh, Sultan -- it's too early to have to wince that hard...

I didn't see what brought that first thread down but my guess would be the Yappy Yorkie.
Jane Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2011, 07:32 AM   #18
ShakAttack
Open Line Veteran

"To me, you are dog poop on the bottom of my shoe. To you, I am the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning."

Wow.
ShakAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2011, 07:52 AM   #19
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

That's how it is. Don't act all surprised.

Yes, Sarah Palin is a good writer. She has written books which sold many, many copies. Barack Obama has sold a lot of books too. They both have sold a lot of books.

This week, the Republicans in Congress may take action against President Obama, citing the War Powers Act. They say he hasn't complied. Some of Obama's Pentagon lawyers say the Libya action is "hostilities". Some of his State Department lawyers are all, "No they aren't." It will need to be sorted out.

There were hearings in Congress this week about an operation conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms in which guns like AK-47s were sold to middlemen who sold them to Mexican drug gangs, while ATF agents were ordered to stand down instead of arresting the straw buyers, and one was eventually used to kill a U.S. Border Patrol Agent. The Republican chairman of the committee was very angry about documents he had subpoenaed from the ATF which were provided to him covered in black ink and redacted beyond readability. The Obama administration says that the President and Attorney General were not aware of these decisions and had nothing to do with them. They were made by somebody else. All that will need to be sorted out.

President Obama made a joke the other day, when he was talking about the $800 billion he spent on the Stimulus, and when asked why it didn't seem to have the effect it was supposed to have, he said, "The shovel ready jobs weren't as shovel ready as we thought." HA HA!! That's a funny joke.

Anyhoo, that's current events. Hope that nobody regarded any of that stuff as being negative. It's just the story as it was reported by the newspapers and TV and websites and such. La-de-da. Nothing negative here.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 08:02 AM   #20
Another side
Open Line Elite

*laughing* That was funny.

Now bite me.
Another side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2011, 08:07 AM   #21
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

I refuse to sink to your level of negativity. And Polarization.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 08:19 AM   #22
Sultanosurf
Starry Eyed Innocent

(Musing aloud here)

Personally, I could care less whether you take a week off from Dem-bashing. But could we send out a search team for all those who seem to have taken more than a week off? Laz, wxnaut, Kace...

The list keeps getting longer. There's a rapidly diminishing number left on the island...
Old Jun 18th 2011, 09:13 AM   #23
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

Do you miss them? That's thoughtful of you.

They are beloved, and our thoughts go out to them.

Here, in the meantime, to tide you over until they return, is a list of obscure and meaningless sports contests.

June 18

San Diego Padres at Minnesota Twins, MLB.TV, 7PM
Mumbltey-Peg Knife chucking contest : Timmy's back yard, 4PM ESPN2
World Series of Beanbag Toss (Cornhole) , Boardwalk Beach, 2 PM FOX Sports
Disc Golf Worlds, Sweetwater Park, 1PM SchwagSports.com

June 19

Beach Volleyball Master's Tournament, 2:30 PM G4 TV
Baltimore Orioles at Washington Nationals, 1:35 PM WJZ, MLB.TV
Old Jun 18th 2011, 09:29 AM   #24
Stormtracker_Tony
Open Line Elite

Send a message via AIM to Stormtracker_Tony

Quote:
Just for the record, wasn't it you that praised Obama a few weeks back for a job well done in a specific situation?

I would hope that Tripe is being serious (the same way you were)...I would never stoop to betting my important beliefs and would certainly hope that neither your nor Tripe would either. Ball team, I understand...but not politics and religion.
Stormtracker_Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th 2011, 09:50 AM   #25
The Mockingbird
SECRET NO/FORN

Quote:
Do you miss them? That's thoughtful of you.

They are beloved, and our thoughts go out to them.

Here, in the meantime, to tide you over until they return, is a list of obscure and meaningless sports contests.

June 18

San Diego Padres at Minnesota Twins, MLB.TV, 7PM
Mumbltey-Peg Knife chucking contest : Timmy's back yard, 4PM ESPN2
World Series of Beanbag Toss (Cornhole) , Boardwalk Beach, 2 PM FOX Sports
Disc Golf Worlds, Sweetwater Park, 1PM SchwagSports.com

June 19

Beach Volleyball Master's Tournament, 2:30 PM G4 TV
Baltimore Orioles at Washington Nationals, 1:35 PM WJZ, MLB.TV
Okay, that was pretty good.

But everyone knows the trouncing the Nats are going to give the Orioles will be epic...
The Mockingbird is offline   Reply With Quote