Old Apr 27th 2012, 03:42 AM   #1
writer2
Open Line Elite

Default Stephen Colbert's Speech

to the Times 100. He's one of them--they are considered The Most Influential People.

No word on audience reaction.

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/

Scroll down. And yes, it is a liberal blog!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 04:06 AM   #2
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

It's a good thing the Democrats have comedians like Colbert, Stewart, and Maher to articulate their ideas, or nobody would ever have a clue what they might be.
New York'rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th 2012, 04:16 AM   #3
The Mockingbird
SECRET NO/FORN

Really? Because that's all Conservative windbags like you seem to talk about: Democrat ideas.

For instance: take any Conservative talk show, and take one drink every time the host says 'Obama'. You'll be drunker than Mel Gibson on a family values traffic stop by the end of the first hour.
The Mockingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th 2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Clever Login Name
You Know I'm Right

Man, li'l bucky's antennae must be freaking humming.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 09:10 AM   #5
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockingbird View Post
Really? Because that's all Conservative windbags like you seem to talk about: Democrat ideas.

For instance: take any Conservative talk show, and take one drink every time the host says 'Obama'.
I don't think you can find an example of a time when I talked about a Democrat idea. Plenty of heinous atrocities against humanity, lies, hypocrisy, epic failures, disasters, schemes that backfire, but definitely not any ideas. So you got that wrong again as usual. In fact, you would be the windbag doing the talking about what you consider to be Democrat ideas.

And to listen to you, one could be forgiven for not realizing that this Obama person happens to be the current President of the United States.

It may be Friday afternoon, but you are still on the clock, witless lazy useless government employee. Get back to saving the taxpayers all kinds of money.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 09:23 AM   #6
News Is Broken
Left of my own accord.

Location: No longer here. This forum has been overrun by trolls and I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York'rr View Post
I don't think you can find an example of a time when I talked about a Democrat idea. Plenty of heinous atrocities against humanity, lies, hypocrisy, epic failures, disasters, schemes that backfire, but definitely not any ideas. So you got that wrong again as usual. In fact, you would be the windbag doing the talking about what you consider to be Democrat ideas.
LOL! Of course not, fool! Learn to read! He said "conservative windbags like you", ya half-wit.

YOU don't talk about REPUBLICAN ideas either. Every one of your posts is simply a bashfest. The president, the Desperate Dems in Congress, the Supreme Court, or posters you disagree with. Bash, bash, bash, neener, neener, neener. Nothing of substance. Nothing of value. Just endless noise. Like the wind.

Quote:
It may be Friday afternoon, but you are still on the clock, witless lazy useless government employee. Get back to saving the taxpayers all kinds of money.
Classic example of EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Right. There.

Please feel free to provide me with ONE example of you actually debating an issue, rather than bashing, neenering and insulting the person you're "debating" with.

It can't be done, can it?

All mouth and no stones New York'rr chickens out of a simple bet.

"Mr. Broken is being a bad boy." - Traffic Goddess
News Is Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th 2012, 09:28 AM   #7
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

I pointed out recently how you don't start threads, but simply chime in with your BS on other peoples' threads. In fact, the most recent thread you started is titled something like, "I'm a Bored Idiot Who can't Think of a Thread Topic" or something like that. Or, "I Wrote an App But I am Not Aware of the Existence of a 'Store' for Apps" or something like that. Worthless and useless. Ignorance on display.

I, on the other hand, have started many, many threads about current events, resulting in lively discussions. Go find your own example.

You seem very frustrated and agitated.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 10:07 AM   #8
writer2
Open Line Elite

Default Ahem

Did anybody actually read Stephen's speech? The transcript is also available in Time mag, if you're afraid to click on a liberal blog link.

http://thepage.time.com/2012/04/25/c...#ixzz1t6W3tZGZ

New York'rr, Stephen plays a right wing blowhard on his show. But he's funny.

Last edited by writer2; Apr 27th 2012 at 10:13 AM.
writer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th 2012, 10:14 AM   #9
The Mockingbird
SECRET NO/FORN

Quote:
I, on the other hand, have started many, many threads about current events, resulting in lively discussions. Go find your own example.

I'm sure you also have many leather-bound books and your apartment smells of rich mahogany, since you're kind of a big deal, and all.

Old Apr 27th 2012, 10:35 AM   #10
News Is Broken
Left of my own accord.

Quote:
I pointed out recently how you don't start threads, but simply chime in with your BS on other peoples' threads. In fact, the most recent thread you started is titled something like, "I'm a Bored Idiot Who can't Think of a Thread Topic" or something like that. Or, "I Wrote an App But I am Not Aware of the Existence of a 'Store' for Apps" or something like that. Worthless and useless. Ignorance on display.

So, in other words, I'm right. Thanks for the clarification.

As to what you "pointed out" recently, as usual you only see what you want to see. I've started plenty of threads about real issues and debated other posters on this forum. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge them is ignorance on display times infinity. But that's pretty much what I and I'm sure several others have come to expect from you. I could link you to several examples but you'd have to take your blinders off and actually read them without prejudice or bias in order to see them for what they are. I don't think you're capable of doing so.

As for being frustrated and agitated, naah. You're maybe a minor annoyance on your best days. The rest of the time, you're just entertainment for me.

Old Apr 27th 2012, 11:58 AM   #11
The Mockingbird
SECRET NO/FORN

The main reason I counter your arguments, New York'rr, is in the hopes that the spurious logic you spew daily doesn't spread to minds that are still capable of rational thought.

Your blank-check support for anything the idiot squads on the radio call "Conservative" invariably makes you look like an Antediluvian Fossil, yet you wear your ignorance like it was some sort of RePub Scouts badge.

And all the while, you crow about the forthcoming victory of all things Conservative. Yes, clearly you and your family-values phalanxes will start their Root Beer Hall Putsches to restore our land to the great Utopia it was under the steady, yet kindly hand of Republican leadership.

I kind of feel like one of those scientists on "The Walking Dead" that captured a live Zombie, because clearly Gallup opinion polls show that the vast majority of partisan meatsacks like you have a similar skewed sense of reality.

I don't think we'd get any insight into slicing open your brain cavity, although several people have voted to turn your skull into a bong, because anyone who isn't lodged in Rick Santorum's ailimentary canal is clearly a pot smoking hippie.

Of course, I'd ask you what color the sky was in your world, but I probably don't need to; I'm assuming that it's Republican Red, although you can't see actually see it because of the thick clouds of non-actionable black smoke that symbolize the great Freedoms that all Americans will have. But you have to have faith that God made it that way in 6 days, and that any harmful effects were caused by Obama.

xxoo,

The Mockingbird
Old Apr 27th 2012, 12:07 PM   #12
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

Well, here's the response that throws this right back in both of your faces, Mock and NIB, and makes you look really, really stupid and petty and should result in both of you issuing an apology.

This thread right here should do the trick.

http://openline.medialine.com/showthread.php?t=42293

It's a thread which was about a current topic. In fact, I posted it minutes after the event occurred. I didn't insult or accuse anybody of anything. Mock chimed in to say that SHAZAM! he actually AGREED WITH ME on this one. The usual idiots added their two cents' worth, sneering that since I don't judge court proceedings in America to have pre-ordained outcomes (nobody who respects the court system should) that makes me some sort of coward, and despite their ignorance and stupidity, not once did I engage in any of the behavior that you a-holes would like to pretend you can smear me with.

I won't await your apology, as it will not be forthcoming, since neither of you have any class whatsoever. Nor is your word worth diddlysquat, which makes your repeated demands to engage in wagering so laughable.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 12:10 PM   #13
The Mockingbird
SECRET NO/FORN

You called us a-holes, you must be frustrated and agitated.

xxoo,

The Mockingbird
Old Apr 27th 2012, 12:41 PM   #14
News Is Broken
Left of my own accord.

Quote:
Well, here's the response that throws this right back in both of your faces, Mock and NIB, and makes you look really, really stupid and petty and should result in both of you issuing an apology.

This thread right here should do the trick.

http://openline.medialine.com/showthread.php?t=42293

It's a thread which was about a current topic. In fact, I posted it minutes after the event occurred. I didn't insult or accuse anybody of anything. Mock chimed in to say that SHAZAM! he actually AGREED WITH ME on this one. The usual idiots added their two cents' worth, sneering that since I don't judge court proceedings in America to have pre-ordained outcomes (nobody who respects the court system should) that makes me some sort of coward, and despite their ignorance and stupidity, not once did I engage in any of the behavior that you a-holes would like to pretend you can smear me with.

I won't await your apology, as it will not be forthcoming, since neither of you have any class whatsoever. Nor is your word worth diddlysquat, which makes your repeated demands to engage in wagering so laughable.
So to sum up.... you refrained from posting your usual slew of insults and namecalling ONE TIME, therefore we can't "smear you" with your usual insult laden, name-calling, rightwing nutter behavior? Yeah. Sure. Whatever you say. Oh and now you want an apology from us, because you behaved yourself in a thread ONE TIME? ONCE?

Wow. That is truly rich. Truly rich, indeed.

Tell you what - the day monkeys come flying out of my butt, that's when you will get your "sorry". Until then, take a hike. Don't forget your purse, Nancy.

Old Apr 27th 2012, 02:13 PM   #15
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

HA HA!! You deserve credit for acknowledging this particular example which proves how fulla crap you are. One of many; I simply grabbed the most recent one. Yes, you deserve credit for that. "........Just this one time!". That should be your motto.

"Yeah, so I was wrong....this time!" HA HA!!

Again, you deserve credit for vindicating me once again, regardless of the lack of class shown by both of you.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 03:01 PM   #16
News Is Broken
Left of my own accord.

Quote:
HA HA!! You deserve credit for acknowledging this particular example which proves how fulla crap you are. One of many; I simply grabbed the most recent one. Yes, you deserve credit for that. "........Just this one time!". That should be your motto.

"Yeah, so I was wrong....this time!" HA HA!!

Again, you deserve credit for vindicating me once again, regardless of the lack of class shown by both of you.
"Vindicated" again! Our Hero Emerges "Victorious"!! Dant Dant DAAAAAAAAAH!!!

You know, at least Glenn Beck gets paid to cry and whine about us "evil liberals". What's your excuse? "You a-holes" should be your motto, followed by this:

And then one of your conservative buddies could chime in and post:

"Leave New York'rr Alone!!!"

It'd be so super awesome. You could then link the whole thing on The Blaze and maybe even get an on air interview with Glenn, where you and he can each take turns honking your noses into your hankies as you cry about how you are both picked on so mercilessly by "those darned liberals" in the media and how they lie so much about what complete and total rightwing apologizer douchebags the both of you are.

Should be a real 'er. Can't wait.

Old Apr 27th 2012, 03:55 PM   #17
Kace
Hotter Than World 2

Send a message via AIM to Kace

This is an entertaining thread.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 03:05 PM   #18
Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:07 PM   #19
The Mockingbird
SECRET NO/FORN

Let's be honest, though, people:

This thread is not nearly egocentric and narcissistic enough for the Blaze, which has to talk about the little (fictional?) world that Glenn Beck lives in.

Old May 3rd 2012, 08:01 AM   #20
News Is Broken
Left of my own accord.

Quote:
Let's be honest, though, people:

This thread is not nearly egocentric and narcissistic enough for the Blaze, which has to talk about the little (fictional?) world that Glenn Beck lives in.

I've often wondered if the Beckster and our pal New York'rr were actually one and the same. If he started spouting off about Nazis and Woodrow Wilson, that would be a dead giveaway.

Old May 3rd 2012, 08:50 AM   #21
New York'rr
Open Line Elite

Wow, you're right! That totally would be.

When Andrew Breitbart died there were folks who wondered if there would be any new posts here from me, and when there were, they figured out that I'm not Andrew Breitbart.

Now, if I see a crazy homeless toothless filthy loser sitting near a wi-fi cafe typing something on a laptop computer, and a post by you appears here at the same time, I'll be like, "Hmmm."
Old May 3rd 2012, 08:58 AM   #22
Kace
Hotter Than World 2

Send a message via AIM to Kace

You have some things going for your as opposed to Breitbart. One is still being alive and the other is the entertainment factor. People can agree or not agree with you over whatever, but either way it's usually good reading.
Old May 3rd 2012, 09:06 AM   #23
The Mockingbird
SECRET NO/FORN

Quote:
Now, if I see a crazy homeless toothless filthy loser sitting near a wi-fi cafe typing something on a laptop computer, and a post by you appears here at the same time, I'll be like, "Hmmm."
For you disinterested readers at home:

If you imagine Julie Andrews singing the above quoted paragraph to the tune of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", the whole post becomes much more entertaining."

Old May 3rd 2012, 09:09 AM   #24
Tripe Face
MediaLine CEO Emeritus

Quote:
For you disinterested readers at home:

If you imagine Julie Andrews singing the above quoted paragraph to the tune of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", the whole post becomes much more entertaining."

Admit it mock, you had to google the spelling of that song title.
Tripe Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd 2012, 09:40 AM   #25
The Mockingbird
SECRET NO/FORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripe Face View Post
Admit it mock, you had to google the spelling of that song title.
I didn't, although I did C&P via Wikipedia out of laziness. The phonetics are pretty straightforward, and my older sister played that #@@^#^ soundtrack like a million times in the late seventies (although, to be fair, it was less irritating than her Pete's Dragon LP, or her soundtrack from Annie, or that [redacted] "Best of the Jackson 5" album).